Since its inception in 1944, Horne Coupar has assisted generations of families with the orderly and efficient succession of property. From 1958 to 2002, members of the firm were appointed as “Deputy Official Administrators” by the BC government to administer estates in Victoria, and latterly Vancouver Island, where there was no next of kin ready or willing to act.
As a result, our staff and lawyers have an exceptional depth of experience in estate administration matters. In addition to advising executors or administrators of estates, Horne Coupar also accepts appointments as executor where clients seek a local professional to facilitate efficient administration of his or her estate.
Our services include:
- obtaining representation grants (also known as grants of probate or administration)
- acting as agent for an executor who prefers to delegate administrative matters
- advising on matters of interpretation or other difficulties arising during the administration process
- preparing and presenting estate accounts for court approval
- generally assisting personal representatives in discharging their fiduciary obligations
Horne Coupar has the established infrastructure to ensure that a client’s estate is effectively managed. For an appointment, please contact our offices at 250 388 6631.