Horne Coupar’s Corporate Group of lawyers and legal assistants provides extensive legal services to our corporate clients. Our corporate lawyers work closely with our clients’ accountants and other financial advisors to implement our mutual clients’ business and tax-planning objectives. Our senior corporate lawyers have been practising in this field for over 30 years and work closely with our younger associates who are in turn developing their knowledge and expertise in corporate transactions.
Our clients include hundreds of incorporated professionals, primarily medical doctors, but also dentists and other health practitioners, accountants and lawyers, realtors and surveyors, engineers and architects, and veterinarians, as well as corporate clients carrying on commercial activities.
Services we provide include the following:
- Liaising with and obtaining approvals from professional governing bodies to incorporation and to subsequent corporate restructurings
- Continuations of foreign corporations into BC and continuations of BC companies out of this jurisdiction
- Reorganizations, including tax-deferred roll overs
- Extra-provincial registrations
- Corporate name changes
- Partnerships including LLPs
- Shareholders’ agreements
- Cost sharing agreements
- Asset and share sales of businesses
- Acting as registered and records office and maintaining corporate records
- Documenting dividends and share redemptions and transfers
- Documenting changes in directors and officers
- Making filings with BC and federal corporate registries
While our Corporate Group deals primarily with BC companies, we also handle Canadian federal corporations as well as BC societies.