Wills & Estate Planning
Horne Coupar has been providing estate planning advice and assistance to clients for over 60 years and our lawyers are recognized for their knowledge and expertise in dealing with issues of asset ownership, protection and distribution both during life and upon death. We represent individuals and trust companies in a wide variety of matters ranging from simple wills to complex estate planning.
Our lawyers carefully consider each client's personal situation and objectives in providing advice as to how the client might best organize their affairs to ensure their wishes are carried out, and future contingencies anticipated.
Some of the important considerations are:
- tax implications (including the use of trusts for income splitting)
- succession of family businesses
- philanthropic objectives (including charitable trusts and foundations)
- the challenges of foreign assets or beneficiaries
- how best to provide for minors, disabled beneficiaries and spendthrift relatives.
We also identify potentially litigious issues, and develop strategies to minimize the possibility of conflict between family members and to ensure the courts do not interfere with your wishes.
We are now happy to offer home visits to our list of services.
Would you like more information or to make an appointment?
Contact Rozzane Trainnah-Fletcher at (250) 388-6631.